The Commander's Cup sport series is a competitive series for units to compete against one another to earn the Commander's Cup. The Commander's Cup is open to MCAS Cherry Point units only.
Softball (Commander's Cup)
- LOIs Due: Mar. 14
- Coaches Meeting: Mar. 16
- League Begins: Mar. 27
Soccer (Commander's Cup)
- LOIs Due: May 9
- Coaches Meeting: May 11
- League Begins: May 22
Basketball (Commander's Cup)
- LOIs Due: June 27
- Coaches Meeting: June 29
- League Begins: July 10
Flag Football (Commander's Cup)
- LOIs Due: Sept. 5
- Coaches Meeting: Sept. 7
- League Begins: Sept. 18
Kickball (Pay for Play)
- Mar. 6-10
Sand Volleyball (Pay for Play)
- May 8-12
Fall Softball (Commander's Cup)
- LOIs Due: Aug. 29
- Coaches Meeting: Aug. 31
- League Begins: Sept. 11 (continuing through Sept. 15)
Ultimate Disc (Pay for Play)
- Oct. 30-Nov. 3
Indoor Volleyball (Pay for Play)
- Dec. 4-8
- Leagues (softball, soccer, basketball, flag football) and the fall softball tournament are part of the Commander's Cup competitive series and open to MCAS Cherry Point units only.
- Kickball, sand volleyball, ultimate disc, and indoor volleyball tournaments are open to all MCAS Cherry Point active duty, active duty family members, and authorized MCAS Cherry Point DoD civilians and retirees.
How to Sign Up - Letter of Intent (LOI)
- In order to participate in a league, teams must submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) and a team roster to the Athletic Office approximately three weeks prior to the league starting. The week following that deadline, there will be a coaches meeting to go over the rules of the league & hand out game schedules. Games typically start the week following the coaches meeting. Coaches meetings will be held at the Cherry Tree House.
- To complete the LOI:
- Download the Letter of Intent (LOI) and save it to your desktop
- Open the PDF in Adobe Reader (not Acrobat)
- Fill out and digitally sign the document
- Hit the Submit button on the bottom right corner of the document.
- How to Sign Up - Team Roster
Athletic equipment checkout and field reservations should be directed to the Marine Dome Issue Room. Reach them in person or by phone at 252-466-2566.