LifeSkills Training and Education promotes positive adjustment and improved individual and family functioning. It is a comprehensive collection of personal and professional skill building classes that promotes positive adjustments and improved individual and family functioning. It provides Marines and family members practical skills for successful interactions and positive outcomes at work, home, and in life.
- Communication strategies to help establish realistic expectations for communicating during deployments, separation, and military lifestyle transitions.
Five Love Languages
- This workshop is based on the #1 New York Times bestseller written by Dr. Gary Chapman’s: The Five Love Languages. What if you could say or do just the right thing guaranteed to make that special someone feel loved? The secret is learning the right love language! Millions of couples have learned the simple way to express their feelings and bring joy back into marriage. Individuals and couples are encouraged to attend.
- This interactive workshop focuses on personality, values, communication, conflict styles, and strategies for building terrific relationships. Discover the personality type of yourself and others. Learn how to communicate more effectively and approach conflict more productively based on the preferences of others. Classes can be customized for: Individuals, Couples, Children and Small Unit Leadership.
- This workshop helps to identify the hallmarks of meaningful relationships and how to build skills to make them stronger.
- Transforming stress provides you with proven strategies that help identify your body’s stress reaction and gives you the tools you need to combat the negative effects of stress.
- This workshop is designed to address interpersonal conflicts and make you more aware of your response when faced with conflict. We explore techniques that empower you to make effective and healthy choices which can help diffuse confrontational situations.
- This workshop will enhance the connection partners have with each other in an environment that promotes sharing experiences and connecting with other couples.
Prevention & Relationship Enhancement Program (PREP)
- PREP 8.0 is designed to help couples achieve their goals in their relationships. The curriculum builds on the existing strengths of the couple by adding critical life and relationship skills to create a safer and more stable relationship. Topics include: Expectations, Commitment, Fun & Friendship, Danger Signs & Time Out, Problem Solving, and more.
- The installation Chapel offers PREP 8.0 as their Together for Life workshop which is a requirement for all active duty under age 26 who are married or planning to marry and are assigned to Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point or a supported / tenant command. ASO 1752.1C. Call the Chapel at (252) 466-4000. | Cherry Point Chapel
- MCFTB can also provide PREP 8.0 courses. Call (252) 466-4637 for additional information.
Marine & Family Programs
Family Readiness Program Trainer: 2524665779
L.I.N.K.S Program Trainer: 2524664908
LifeSkills Trainer: 2524667562
Readiness & Deployment Support Trainer: 2524664908