Marine Corps COOL
COOL (Credentialing Opportunities On-Line ) explains how Marines can meet civilian certification and license requirements related to their Military Occupational Specialties (MOSs), and provides links to numerous resources to help you get started.
SkillBridge Employment Training Program is available to all eligible service members. All courses are geared toward learning high-demand industry-specific skills with the high-probability of securing employment prior to exiting the military. Courses offer job interviews, placements, or certifications to enhance entry into the workforce.
Tools for Advanced Manufacturing for Veterans
Learn how to transfer your military skills and experience to civilian careers in the manufacturing industry. The Tools for Advanced Manufacturing for Veterans (TAMV) class teaches participants how to transfer their military skills and experience onto their resume in language that is recognized by the manufacturing industry. The ultimate goal for this program is to prepare participants for careers and connect them with career opportunities in North Carolina. Upon completion participants will receive the following certifications and certificates, as well as awareness to skill sets that lead to employment in various different industries:
- Innovation Design – Create Opportunities to Develop Solutions
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
- OSHA 30-Hour Industrial Safety Certification
- Forklift Operator Certification
- Precision Measurement in Manufacturing
- Welding Certification Awareness
- ACT WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate
- Resume Enhancement, Interviewing Skills and Job Search
- Personal Style Preference Awareness
The program is FREE for veterans and service members. For additional information and class dates and times, call 252-444-6013 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
United Services Military Apprenticeship Program (USMAP)
The mission of the United Services Military Apprenticeship Program (USMAP) is to enable active duty military members to achieve a Department of Labor (DOL) registered Apprenticeship Certificate of Completion. USMAP requires no off duty hours. It combines on-the-job training and related technical instruction to allow members to achieve status as a journeyman in their MOS field, enhancing job skills and showing motivation for more challenging military assignments. In addition, completing The USMAP is a definite advantage in getting better civilian jobs since employers know the value of apprenticeships.
- For further information, visit the official USMAP website.
Active Transition Phase
- This class is geared to equip Marines once TRS is complete and before the final Capstone Review. Specific and targeted financial, social, and career development sustainment training and resources.
Boots to Business
- This course is for those interested in exploring business ownership or other self-employment opportunities. Participants learn about evaluating business concepts, developing a business plan, the resources available to access technical assistance, start-up capital, contracting opportunities, and is facilitated in collaboration with the Small Business Administration (SBA). Service members, spouses, veterans, and other installation authorized personnel are welcome to attend.
Commander’s Designee Training
- This is a required training for all Commander’s Designees; you will learn to review, verify, and approve Service members Career Readiness Standards.
Department of Labor Employment Workshop
- This course presents a comprehensive view covering best practices in career employment, including learning interview skills, building effective resumes, and using emerging technology to network and search for employment. Service members, spouses, veterans, and other installation authorized personnel are welcome to attend.
Managing My Education
- This course, designed for anyone pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree, includes information on choosing a field of study, selecting an institution, gaining admission, and funding your education. Service members, spouses, veterans, and other installation authorized personnel are welcome to attend.
- This is required for ALL Service members retiring with 20+ years of time in service. We recommend attending 2 years prior to Retirement and again NLT 6 months of retirement. Spouses of retiring Service members are encouraged to attend with them. Contact your UTC for more information.
Transition Readiness Seminar
- This 5 day workshop is mandatory for all Service Members within 1 year, but NLT 180 days prior to discharge.
Unit Transition Coordinator Training
- This training is required for All Unit Transition Coordinators; training must be completed within 45 days of appointment.
Vocational/Career & Credential Exploration
- This course offers an opportunity to complete personalized career development assessments of occupational interests and aptitudes. Participants will then be guided through a variety of career considerations, including labor market projections, education, apprenticeships, certifications, and licensure requirements. Service members, spouses, veterans, and other installation authorized personnel are welcome to attend.