The Transition Readiness Seminar (TRS), aka TAP, is a 5-day mandatory seminar designed to ease the burden of transition by equipping Service members and their families with tools and resources that are vital for a successful transition. TRS must be completed NLT 180 days from your EAS or Retirement date. Please contact your UTC to register for a TRS class.
Before attending TRS, service members must first complete the Initial Counseling. The IC is a one-on-one counseling session with the Transitional Staff to determine and plot the best of course to meet the needs of each transitioning service member.
Career and Resource Services offers additional advising and support to prepare service members for post-transitional goals. These services include resume assistance, job search strategies, interviewing practice, career and education fairs, and additional 2-day track options.
If you are interested in attending a 2-day track: My Education, Career & Credential Exploration (C2E), Employment, or Boots to Business, please call 252-466-4201 to register.
Transition Readiness Program Required Materials
- Pre-work Checklist
- Self-Assessment/Individual Transition Plan
- Current & Transition Budget Worksheet
- Gap Analysis Worksheet
- College/School Comparison Chart (My Education & C2E Only)
Transition Readiness Program Resources & Workshop Materials
- Pre-Separation Resource Guide
- 2022 Financial Planning Participant Guide
- 2022 MOC Crosswalk Participant Guide,
- 2022 Managing My Transition Participant Guide
- 2022 My Education Participant Guide
- 2022 Employment Fundamentals for Career Transition Participant Guide
- 2022 Employment Workshop Participant Guide
- 2022 Career & Credential Exploration Participant Guide
- 2022 VA Benefits & Services Participant Guide